Members of the public and patients offer our researchers valuable insights and different perspectives. This has practical benefits for research participants and patients.
- We bring people together with researchers to develop clinical research
- We organise meetings, discussions and online document reviews so that people can ask questions and provide insight and comment on the research we do
- We make sure research is relevant to participants and benefits patients now and in the future
- We also provide opportunities for personal and professional development for patients, public and researchers and will be developing our programme of research assessing the impact of patient and public involvement.
If you are interested in finding out more about the amazing research taking place in the Nottingham Biomedical Research Centre (BRC) and can give a little of your time, please consider volunteering with us and joining one of the Patient and Public Involvement panels. Taking part will give you:
- The opportunities to make a worthwhile contribution to clinical research, solving the health problems of today for future generations
- New skills and the change to take part in learning opportunities
- New people to meet and to find out more about your health and wellbeing
- A chance to be part of world-leading research in Nottingham
If you are interested in finding out more about any of the six research themes within the Nottingham Biomedical Research Centre please contact a member of our Patient and Public Involvement & Engagement Team (PPIE).